From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:48:06 -0500
Looks like several things happened here.  Lets start at the beginning:

The fert was sold with a contract and also full knowledge the animal needed
to be neutered.  To sell one that needs neutering and de-poofing was not
right.  But the family represented them selves well and agreed to all the
terms which covered everything including return of the animal to the
shelter if they didn't want it.  All that was covered in paper and
contract.

The family later decided to sell the fert.  That is how the 'Ball' man got
it.  Breach of contract, and the seller should take legal recourse about
that.  Anyway, the fert wasn't with the bad guy but a couple months at
most, probably a month.  Then of course came Marlene and the Richmond
Ferret Rescue league.

The man had most of the papers distributed at the show, less the contract.
The original name of the family was Owens and they were from Chesterfield
Va, as best I can learn.  I do not know the name of the bad guy.  Marlede
was lead to believe the bad guy was the original owner but that hasn't yet
been determined by anyone.

Again, this will happen again.  We all try so hard to prevent it but it
happens and will happen again.  We just have to do our best and over all I
feel most shelters do a very good job of screening the adoptive persons so
other shelters do not have to take in damaged and traumatized ferts from
other distributor's errors in screening or lack there of.

In this case, all based were covered at the adoption point except the
neutering and de-poofing.  What happened next was horrid beyond belief
but is over now, the fert is fine, and will become a wonderful pet.

Again, lets all be friends and just get on with life.  There!  I used my
last life line on that one!

Don't forget the pet show at the Mechanicsville Show Place 10 FEB 01.
Lots of ferts were there last year, lets all meet and be friends.

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo, and Bud