Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:45:38 -0700
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Okay folks, I just need to vent.  This isn't going to be pretty but it's
going to be HONEST!  and because I know how *some* people are on this
list, it's coming anonymously. :-)

THis is also somewhat in response to what Wolfy posted the other day about
not bashing people who find new homes for their ferrets beause of a baby
or allergies... or any other reason.  Let me assure you, I am the LAST
person who would EVER dream of sending hate mail or judging someone who
has decided to find a new home for their ferrets!  You know why?  Because
I am just about there myself!  I can't take this anymore!  I particulary
dislike ferret X.  What a complete and utter jerk this ferret is!  He's
an accomplished escapee... The cage has to have special locks, latches,
hooks, clips, ties, and heavy objects on the top to keep him contained.
It didn't take long for him to destroy a sofa and scratch holes in the
carpet.  I am not amused by this nor do I find it endearing.  It costs us
MONEY to replace these things!  We work very hard for the little bit that
we have and we cannot afford to replace things on account of a 3 lb demon.

He has chewed the buttons off all the remotes in the house, he has gnawed
on my calculator.  He has stolen keys, wallets, shoe inserts, potatoes,
erasers, game boys, and probably has the neighborhood rotweiler stashed
under the bed, too... did I mention that this is the same bed that he tore
the bottom off of??  He spills anything spillable (is that a word?), he
has gone for a swim in the toilet (yes, he can get the bathroom door
open), he has almost gotten thrown out with the kitchen trash,....

When I got these ferrets, I DID have the time for them as I wasn't working
at the time.  Now I am working and in school... I simply don't have the
TIME to watch this ferret CONSTANTLY!  He's worse than a toddler in a
china shop!

He will not be litterbox trained... he goes wherever he damn well
pleases... that includes the carpet that I have to replace.  Frankly, I am
tired of *hit and *iss in the corners.  He destroys his cage and uses the
ENTIRE thing as his litterbox.  It makes it difficult to clean and because
it's such a chore, I don't WANT to do it anymore.  I am tired of cleaning
up after ferret X... I am tired of the stench of ferrets... I am tired of
babysitting them, I am tired of my things being stolen or chewed or
rendered useless.

They are CUTE but that's about as far as it goes with me these days.  I
can honestly say that I will never have ferrets again.  So, to all of you
out there who have to find a home for your ferrets because of "allergies"
or a "new baby" or whatever... please know, there is someone out there in
REALITY who understands and you don't have to make excuses to me!

Good day!
Ann Onamissly