Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:42:47 -0700
From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everyone,
Newbie mommy here again.  I have not gotten my copy of "Ferrets for
Dummies" yet so I have a dumb question.  I know the only dumb question is
the one not asked.

We have 2 males 3mo & 3 1/2 mo now.  the older of the two seems to get
aggressive when playing with his younger brother.  He is a bit bigger even
though they are only 2 weeks apart.  Michael the oldest will wrestle with
Gabriel and sometimes grab hold of his ears or neck and pull on him.  Is
this normal play behavior or something to be concerned with?  They also
play with our one cat and nip at his back legs, tummy, etc.  The cat
tolerates it to a point but sometimes hollers and I have to break them
up.  He play nips with us but nothing bad.  He knows better than to bite
because we had that "talk" and he seems to understand.  Is there anyway
that we can stop him from being the "bully"?  He is a very wired ferret.
He wakes up rarin to go whereas little Gabriel takes his time, stretches
and moves more slowly until he gets going.  I kn from having cats that
they all have different personalities but I don't want him hurting his
brother.  They don't seem to be quit as hard at playing when they are in
the cage but then again they ahve 3 stories so if they need to seperate
there are more places to go and hide.

Thanks for any help
Love & angel ferret-kitty hugs
Debbie