From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:51:27 EDT
>I can't keep my chair near my computer when I'm done, because the ferts
>will get up on the chair and leap to the desk and get into everything,
>including the computer-the "Help" files are ALWAYS open when they've been
>up here, so I really think they are trying to learn to use the computer.
>(LOL-I got up for a minute to answer the phone and they got up here and
>deleted my email, which I was able to save, and opened the help files in
>question-see, you can't leave the chair here for a SECOND!).

My hubby asked me the other day..."How can I keep ferrieman off the desk?
He keeps getting into everything." I had to laugh...there is NO way to keep
him out of the desk.  He climbs it and everything else like it's a jungle
gym in a playground which in a way it is for him.  I have learned since
the keyboard is cordless to pick it up and put it up high or he will open
every help file (how he finds that exact key I don't know) and try
recycling everything on us.  On the other desks I push the drawers in but
he still manages to get up there.  The only things I wish he wouldn't do
is get up on the top shelves because I'm afraid that he will fall.  Of
course I haven't been smart enough to figure out how to block these with
anything. :-(  I fail at Ferret Blocking 101 MISERABLY! :-(  So usually I
watch him like a hawk and when he starts heading for something he shouldn't
I take him away from it.  He is VERY stubborn and persistant that's for
sure.  He reminds me of a goat.  (I have one of those too and she's
stubborn as heck and loves to pick on you too.)

Any ideas on blocking a computer desk would be appreciated.  As our room
sits now...he gets up on 1 thing he's up on everything but the worst part
of it is the high shelves over the desk (over the monitor).

Faith