From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:28:05 EST
Hi all,
Well yesterday we had the straw that broke the camels back come in.  I
took in 2 iguanas and a baby ferret.  The little girl is about 5 weeks old,
her teeth are barly comming in.  she is thin and crying.  We named her
Smunchkin.  we are wetting her food down, and my cat that is nursing 3
kittens has taken her under her wing.  she is smaller that the kittens!

Also I was in A local Petco and they had 2 babies that were maybe 5 weeks
old.  one wasn't eating and is very thin.  i asked to see them and I felt
their food, it was hardened and rancid.  i changed their food, moistened it
up into soup and gave the one ferret some Ferretvite that they had there.
i told the manager that he needs to pull the one ferret and hand feed her.
i was told later that they did this so i hope they keep it up.

Now I call my friend Brenda and tell her the stories of the day, she gets
angry and calls the state vet that doe's investigations.  He is going to
contact MF and Petco and try to get this problem resolved.  So I hope we
will start seeing older kits in the petstores.  this is something everyone
can do in their state.  Talking to the petstores is not always the best
solution, we need to start putting ferret farms under the gun.  i just
want to see these babies get weaned, spayed etc at an older age.

Also an update on Bratface, my Triple F ferret.  He is geting better, he
doen't bite as hard or as often.  i think he'll be ok.  he will be up for
adoption next week if his vet visit turns out ok.

Well off to get ready for Pet A Palooza!!
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Where ferrets are treated like gold
Visit us at: