From:
Adam Garon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:21:01 -0500
When I originally posted the question as to what to do about my ferret
scratching at my couch, I recieved a bunch of replies with very helpful
suggestions.  I also was asked by others to let them know what some of the
suggestions were.  Thanks for all your help - here are the suggestions - I
tried them all!  (To no avail!)

1) Double stick tape - (Daddy - I'm stuck to the couch!!!!)
2) Covering the spot with carpet protector (Look at me - I'm stuck behind
   the plastic!!)
3) Bitter Apple (Yuck - I'll just turn my head when I scratch!)
4) A Scat mat - couldn't find one in my area
5) Reverse Psychology - letting her dig until she's tired of it - (Thanks -
   I'm having fun!!!)
6) Throwing the entire couch out and buying a futon - (Daddy - you're no
    fun!!)

The futon was the best solution, although if anyone else does buy a futon -
make sure that you never operate it around your fuzzy.  Since I got the
futon, she has since learned to open kitchen cupboards - I'm off to buy
cabinet locks now!!!  Ferret-proofing is an ongoing process!!