From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:49:22 -0800
My best friend's ferret, Emmet, escaped the house 3 WEEKS ago.  We live in
Maine and we've had the most horrendous snow storms these past couple of
weeks.  Earlier this week we had 2 feet of snow and last night we had
10"... It's been snowing every time we turn around (maybe we should stop
turning around!).  When Emmet disappeared, we squeaked for her, we called
her, we set up a cage outside.  My friend had almost given up hope.  I told
her that Emmet just *might* show up and not to give up... and then, like
magic, Emmet showed up this morning!

I guess, the moral of the story is,... don't give up hope!  After 3 cold,
miserable, hungry, thirsty weeks in the deep snow and elements, Emmet came
home... thin but alive!

Renee