From:
Billy Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:22:50 -0800
I got a good one for all you rescuers out there...I went to the local
humane society to check out this ferret(3 of them actually).  When I got
there they said the adopted out 2, but had one left(But was going to be
adopted by some guy once he showed proof of address).  So we decided to
look at the female anyway.  She was an albino, about 2 years old, shaking
constantly, but in good condition otherwise.  She was also part of the
other 2 that got adopted.  My girlfriend picked her up and held her.  She
was trying to bite her on the arm/hands.  I then picked her up and held
her in both hands, looking at herin the face.  She decided she didnt like
being looked at and stretched out and bit me good right on the end of the
nose!  Blood was pouring(not to mention the pain)!  Well now she is in
lockup for 10 days(rabies check??)  My question now is two fold:

1. Would she be ok to adopt and get along with our other 3 kits?
2. Would she settle down once she got to our home?

After 4 days with fresh aloe plant treatment, my nose is better now.:-)

Bill/Val & the 3 Ferretizers