From:
Lorelei Okun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:47:27 -0500
>We use a sterile version in the ER, and my vet does too.  We need one of
>the Vets to tell us whether it's safe to substitute super glue at home.
>I would use it on myself for a superficial wound, but would hesitate to
>use it on a ferret without veterinary OK.  My guess is that any wound
>superficial enough to treat at home would probably heal OK by itself
>without the glue.  As for a surgical wound with premature suture removal
>by the patient, I would like to see what the Vets say.

BTW, there is a product called NuSkin that I use for my own nicks and cuts -
it is a liquid bandage product which contains an antibiotic.  I like it for
hangnails, since a Bandaid is no use.  Burns like the dickens though!  Not
sure if it's OK for ferrets but I'd think it was more suitable than
Superglue.  Any thoughts on this, Dr. Williams?

--Lorelei and the Fuzzy Crew