From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:23:03 -0700
Hey everyone,

I had not received too many emails or calls recently about ferrets needing
homes, but since Sunday night, it seems the floodgates have opened!!

I just adopted an old guy from Rocky's in Maryland, and he is sharing a
cage with Alice, so one of my foster cages is now occupied permanently!!
So, I need to find homes for the current rescues, before I can help the
two people waiting to fill those spots!

Ready to go to their new home right this very moment are Zak and Mittens.
These boys are just over a year old.  Zak is a dark sable who spent all
his life before arriving here in a cage.  When he was taken out to have
the cage cleaned, the hand holding him was covered in a rough, hard
leather glove, because Zak was so nippy.  Zak was a 10 week old baby when
this habit started, so he never knew that human hands are friendly until
he arrived here.  Zak is quite a goofball now, loves to play, but still
can be a bit afraid at times.  He is a very active and beautiful boy.  His
buddy, Mittens, is a lovable little butterball.  Mittens is a chocolate
mitt, very sweet, will give kisses and sits on your feet until you pick
him up!  These guys have been tested and are ADV negative.

The other adoptable fuzz arrived just this evening.  I was handed a Coors
Light 12 pack box all taped up with what I was told inside was a 1 year
old sable female.  She turned out to be a he, at the most 1 year old.  He
is very friendly, though terrified.  He has a very coarse coat, but his
eyes are very bright and his weight is good.  He needs a checkup before
being allowed to head off to a new home.  But, if you are interested,
please email me and once he gets a clean bill of health, you can come
visit!

I do not have a formal shelter, but with so many shelters in the area
closing, the need for foster homes has increased quite a bit.  While I
love being able to help, I need to get these guys placed so we can get
the other waiting fuzzies into a safe place.

If you are interested in Zak or Mittens, or the Coors Light Guy, please
email me!!

I am in the Willow Grove area of Montgomery County, about 15 minutes from
Northeast Philadelphia.

Thanks!

Jen