From:
Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:09:46 -0500
Congratulations on getting your federal 501 c 3, tax exemption.  It wasn't
difficult was it?  Any charitable organization can do it.  Just a little
bit of paper work.  It's easiest when you are first starting, less
paperwork.  It will enable you to file for grants from Foundations only
willing to donate to exempt organizations.  Your local donors can give more
as now they can legally deduct their donations on their on taxes.  Having
belonged to an animal rescue organization in Puerto Rico for 6 years, I
did their application after they had been in existence for 4 years.  After
we got the exemption, the following two years, we received grants from 3
Foundations including the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC).  Now that you
have you exemption I hope you make it work for you.

Home Page updated  Aug. 1, 2000
Come see Rocki & Silveretta
www.geocities.com/huronna