From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:47:57 -0500
A little over a year ago we had severe consequences from Merial's Imrab
for rabies.  It happened four months apart in two different ferrets.  Both
ferrets developed identical symptoms of severe respiratory congestion and
consequent weight loss.  One recovered fully.  The older one, however, who
was 5 at the time, never regained her weight and is now declining at 6 1/2.
She recently became jaundiced.

Merial never responded to my letter about the problem but our vet filed a
report with the appropriate agency.

Fortunately, the respiratory congestion did not occur after this year's
rabies vaccination.

Alice