From:
cynthia jennerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:23:13 -0800
Hello all.  Ok, ferret math has struck us again.  This afternoon my
neighbor who works for the DNR called and said that a local woman had
found a ferret outside her house and had caught it.  My neighbor asked us
(my roommate and I) if we'd mind fostering it until an owner can be found.
So we now have 5.

The new ferret is a MF boy, we think he's about 7-12 months old.  He's
butterscotch in color and his eyes glow red when the light hits them.

Anyhow, we're not sure how long he was outside.  It was pretty warm last
week, but yesterday we got another 8" of snow on top the three feet we had.
He's not guant looking and doesn't act sick.  his nails were quite long,
about a week's worth of growth, maybe a week and a half.  He's eating fine
and drinking, but not like he's been starving.  I am concerned about the
pads of his feet though.  He's limping and they are roughed up and look
as though they had cracked and bled at one point.  He's still walking,
running, and playing, but he limps.  Is there anything we can do to help
with the limping, or is it permanent?

If anyone from Superior is missing their ferret please call me @
(715)392-1832.  We are planning on taking care of him until we find a
good home.

Cynthia and Todd, Tifa, Padme, Selphie, Jewel, and ?
(the new kid)