From:
"Wendy S. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:38:52 -0700
Well, I told people I'd update them on Kibble's progress, and here's where
we are:

She's about 4 months old now, 1.4 pounds and fully vaccinated.  No problems
with any of the vaccines (although the guy who did her last set didn't do a
great job of not hurting her--she was quite ticked at him).

We're still having some difficulty getting her adjusted to the rest of the
family.  She's gotten to the point where I can keep Buttercup in a cage
with her; Butter still chews on her, but Kibble is big enough to keep
Butter at bay as long as she's on her guard.  Problem is, I'm beginning to
think Kibble is really crying wolf; I watch her fight with the others, and
she'll scream bloody murder while all they're doing is holding her down and
sniffing her.

THE BIG QUESTION: So should I just toss her into a cage with Pica and let
the two of them work it out?  Pica is bigger and very aggressive, but
I've seen them together enough to determine that Pica isn't interested in
hurting her, just establishing dominance.  Would doing this traumatize
Kibble too badly?  Or am I just better off letting them all get to know
her little by little?  I don't know if I'm doing more harm than good by
dragging this on and on for several months.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer.

Wendy and House Penferret: Boobah, Buttercup, Pica, Flower, and Kibble