From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:23:38 -0800
Well, scanning the paper on Friday paid off.  There was an ad in the
classifieds stating "2 ferrets, cage & all accessories, $250."  Needless
to say, I called.  Once I got in touch with the girl (a college student
here at the U of A), and explained that I ran a shelter, she was all
ready to turn them over the next day.  Come to find out, she's moving to
Montgomery and won't have the time to do right by her fuzzies.  She plainly
stated to me that she didn't care about the money, just what was best for
her girls.  Gee, it's great to come across someone like that!

Anyhow, the 2 girls, Milly age 3-3.5 and Pookie age 2-3, are settling in
quite well with my natives.  (Still in quarantine, but get to sniff.)  They
are going to the vet on Friday (along with the natives) for shots.  Boy is
the doc going to love me!  6 ferrets all at once!  (Mine are going in for
the distemper, since he just got in a new batch.)  Will probably go ahead
and take Harriett just for the ride, and to introduce her to the dr.  Any
volunteers????  LOL Just kidding.

Time to get more ink for the printer, since I've got a feeling I'm going
to have to print out more surrender forms here soon.

Dooks, blessings & healing thoughts to all,
Tammy & the Crew War Dance Haven Ferret Shelter & Rescue

Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
explain physics to a 3 year old.