From:
Rhea Fulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:59:35 EST
We live in the country, have 8 ferrets, and are VERY particular about
making sure that outside doors are shut, etc., to keep them from getting
outside unsupervised.  However, we have a 5 yr. old boy next door that is
notorious for "getting into things".  I noticed today after we had let the
fuzzies out of their cage for the day that the downstairs door was standing
wide open leading out into the garage, which then had the garage door open
going outside.  We immediately did a tail count to see if any of our babies
were missing.  We've accounted for 7 of the 8, but my 14 yr.  old's baby,
Cocoa, is nowhere to be found!  We have looked everywhere in the house,
made noise, etc.  to get her to come out, but to no avail.  We've put the
others back in their cage so hopefully it will be easy to spot her.  (She's
one of 4 sables.) We have never had anything like this to happen before,
so we don't know what tricks or tips might work best should she indeed be
outside.  When we have taken her outside before she has always stayed
close to the house, never offering to stray.  But, she's never had the
opportunity to wander either.  She could very well be inside, but we're
spending the daylight looking outside just in case.  My husband even came
home from work early to help us look.  Any tips from anyone would be
greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Looking for our Cocoa......  :'(

Rhea & Braden & the 7 other fuzzies....Chessie, Lucy, Elvira, Bear, Rascal,
Oliver & Baby