From:
jlindquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:30:05 -0500
As I sit here and watch my two babies sleep, I keep asking myself the
question "What has the FML done for me?"

Because of this list, my babies are healthy and eating only the best ferret
food.  Before the FML, I knew nothing about feeding my babies.  I just fed
them whatever cat food I bought for my cats.  Now I know better.

Because of the FML, I now let my babies have several hours (if not all day)
of playtime every day out of thier cage.  Before the FML, I didn't know
that they needed daily playtimes and excercise.  Now I know better.

Because of the FML, I would not have known that my Nipper's fur falling
out was a sign of Adrenal.  I had thought it was just normal shedding.
Now I know better.

Because of the FML, I had contact with some really great people who have
helped when our money situation was so bad that I couldn't afford good food
for my babies.  One wonderful person sent me treats, toys, a stocking and
$30.00 cash to buy my babies the food they so desperately needed to stay
healthy.  Another wonderful person sent something to give to my Nipper to
help with her Adrenal.  My thanks again to these two people..they know who
they are!!!

Because of the FML, I have had the fellowship of other ferret owners who
understand why I love these guys so much.  I have read stories about the
funny things other ferrets do and have laughed my butt off while reading.
I have also felt the pain of those who have sick fuzzies and the pain of
those that have lost a precious ferret.  This makes me know that I still
have a caring heart and am not jaded by life.

Maybe if I had known about the FML when I bought my first ferret, my Buddy
might have still been alive today.  Finding the FML came too late to help
my Buddy but it's not too late for my Chomper and Nipper.  They are alive
and well because of the knowledge I have learned from the FML.  Not to
mention the fact that the FML has also opened up my husband's eyes about
ferret care.  He also finds some of the stories really cute.  He was
shocked when I told him that Dr. Williams had left the list.  My husband
(who is a dog lover and puts up with my ferret addicition because he loves
me) wonders why some people would make the FML such a bad place as to cause
one of the vets to leave.  He says that we all need the vets that are here.
We can all learn something from them.

It really scares me to think where my babies would be right now if not for
the FML.  So, I guess in a sense, the FML has saved my babies lives by
teaching me all the stuff I know now.

This is what the FML has done for me.

Prayers for all the sick babies out there and special prayers for those
going thru the pain of losing their fur babies.

Dooks!
Pat L. and the sleeping Chomper and Nipper.