From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:23:48 -0900
I have been with the FML for only about 5 years.  I first came on the scene
during the Kodo hunt and the fight to keep him from being put to sleep.
I have thoroughly enjoyed and felt privileged to be reading your input.
Here in Alaska it takes a few years for new illnesses to be realized and
many of the vets looked at me as if I wsa from another planet when I first
suspected ECE or the green slimeys.  It ran rampant through my shelter and
it was your posts and those of others that helped me and my vet pull all
of my fur children through but 1.

The FML has been very negative lately and I am glad that I am able to skim
through the trash and filter out the trully wonderful information.  Usually
when I post as I did last night I have a medical question that I have not
seen before and am hopeful that someone with more experience has seen it.
As Dr. Karen said, sometimes it takes just another set of eyes to see what
has been missed.  You have been a wonderful set of eyes and we will all be
losing some very valuable input id information.  It is sad that it is at
the loss of the fur children in our care.

We can only hope that the minds and hearts of those that are chasing you
and others away will be changed or that they will get tired of the
contstant bickering and move on to other lists.  I do not like to rock
the boat or to see the boat rocked.  I hope that you will do us the honor
or rejoining the list someday and leaving the petty differences of others
exactly where they belong, scanned over and unread.

Sincerely,
Diana and The Ferret Farm