From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:38:11 -0500
Bruce wrote:

>Could you please do me a favor and post to the FML thanking everyone for
>the messages of support both on and off-line.  Please let everyone know
>that there are literally well over a hundred, and I will be trying to
>sandwich in a reply to each one in between the actual requests for
>assistance.  It may take a while, but I'll eventually get through them all.

He very much appreciates the kind thoughts that have been sent, as you can
see, and went on to say that he would be weighing some options on how he
may best continue to help ferrets and their people.  When he has decided
he will let us know.

[Moderator's note: He's echoed the same to me.  Lots of options.  But, of
course, limited time.  BIG]

-----

Having used my third post with this one I must attach an important message:

For those who may not know: Roger Caras passed away today of a heart attack
at the age of 72.  He was a friend of all animals and certainly a friend of
ferrets, often using his widely recognized name both during his tenure as
the president of ASPCA here in the States and afterward.  Many who have
long been in the ferret scene can attest to having received his help.  Our
ferrets and we here all lost a friend today,