Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:30:42 -0500
I'm posting this to 2 lists.  I gave in to temptation yesterday and got
an absolutely gorgeous silver baby gir (Luna) l to keep my 12 week old
boy company.  (I just couldn't resist!) My question is this- when I was
bringing her home she started 'crying'- such a heartbreaking sound!  I
assumed she'd be ok when she settled in here.  She seems to be doing fine-
she's a little small yet to really be able to play with Gizmo.  (he's a
little rough, but she seems to be willing to give it back to him, just too
small yet) The thing is, she makes this odd noise *constantly*.  Sounds
like she's crying or in some kind of distress, but she does *all* the time!
When she's playing, exploring, eating (!)- the only time she does it less
is when I'm holding her.  I don't know if it's insecurity- I just brought
her home yesterday- or if she's just more vocal and that's just her way
of communicating.  She sounds like a baby! (or, come to think of it, like
the geese i've heard flying by overhead!)  But, she's active and curious-
exploring her new world a little at a time, she initiates play with me and
with Gizmo, and wants to be held.  The only time she seems to not do it
is if she's REALLY interested in something- usually something she's not
supposed to be getting into, like my computer keyboard.  Has anyone ever
had a very vocal ferret?  Is this something that might be indicating some
problem?  She doesn't seem to be in *any* discomfort- is she just a little
crybaby?  <g>

blessings~
shari

"what I am is what I am are you what you are or *what*?"