From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:43:22 -0800
>From:    Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: zen on shelters and shows
>I did not want to post while in a temper so I waited.

Shall we see a similar rant on yet another list?  Two and counting.

>I do not know what has passed between the Killians and other people from
>the various ferret organizations.  To be honest, I couldn't care less.

Since you do not know, then you are posting out of ignorance.  But we
suspect you know more about what "has passed" than you admit.

>This post has nothing to do with politics.  Politics be damned when it
>comes to the health and safety of the ferrets.

Then you should learn the truth before posting.  Your posting out of
ignorance is political.

>I consider the Killians' out of hand dismissal of the dangers of ADV, and
>ECE, to be a great disservice to the ferret community as a whole and to
>the concerns of the original poster in specific.

There was NO out of hand dismissal of the dangers of disease.  The danger
of disease exists at LIFE shows, AFA shows as well as those that remain
independant of those organizations.  But there are not the same attacks by
the AFA/LIFE folks on shows by their pet organizations.  That inequity is
political.  The politically motivated attacks on other ferret organizations
is indeed the "overplay" of the disease aspect.  It is underplayed when
discussing their shows.

The AFA/LIFE shows do nothing to prevent disease spread that the others
shows do not also do.  To claim otherwise is a political attack.

Both Dr. Williams and Bob Church are indeed very informed and very helpful
in the ferret community.  Bob Church's comments were merely passing along
Dr. Williams beliefs not an independant warning.  If you were to heed Dr.
Williams advice that has been pretty much the same for as long as we've
known him there would be no ferret shows at all.  Unless he has changed
his mind recently.  His warning includes the AFA and LIFE shows.  He is
consistant and not political.

If you have this much anger consider seeking anger management counseling.
These are only email lists.

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets