From:
Julie LeDuc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:05:25 +0000
Dooks to all!!
Well, its happened.  We just adopted a rescue ferret.  She is a 5 year old
DEW who has just finished the last of her post adrenal steroid course.  She
is missing much of her fur.  Her belly and neck are shaved still from the
surgery, and her poor tail is bald except for a poof of white fur at the
end.  The poor dear looks like a badly groomed poodle.  But Vanilla (that's
her name) has got to be the sweetest creature I have ever met.  She loves
to be held, gives kisses all over the place.  Can be quite expressive.
She's just been here a few hours and has stolen my heart!  She's slowly
integrating into the business.  She doesn't much care for all of the
curious attention she's getting, and tells the rest so.  But she'll get
used to it!  And they will get used to her.  I just love that little girl!
Now, with her, I have the "spice girls" ferrets.  Ginger, Coriander, and
Vanilla.  Pretty soon I think I'm going to look in the cage and they are
going to be choreographing show tunes!!  LOL.

--Julie