From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:00:48 -0600
Hi Everyone
It both sickens and saddens me to hear about the court decision regarding
Linda Rodregiz.  All the work that Kista and everyone else put into the
rescue, getting this sick women charged and having her so called operation
shut down, and then to feel like you've been slapped in the face.  It makes
me even more angry that an appropriate decision was not made because of
goofed protocol.  Unfortunately, anything done under an illegal search
and seizure (without a warrant) is generally suppressed in court.  This
includes pictures and documentation.

We've been through something similar here in Winnipeg twice.  Our Humane
Society has been to the same persons' house twice in three years.  Both
times he has been charged with animal cruelty and both times he got nothing
more than a fine.  This second time comes after we had the animal cruelty
act stiffened up to include time in jail.

What ever you do, don't give up on bringing this women to justice.  Be
vigilant on checking up on her.  She will slip up again as most of these
sub-species usually do.  Then get the police involved to ensure nothing
can go wrong with the seizure.

Again we are sorry to hear about this.  As usual all the rights seem to be
on the side of the criminals.

Kathy and the Ferret Collective