From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:17:13 -0500
Yes I'm posting enormously because I'm gutless!

I understand Tina's frustration and Nadine very well may have pulled a fast
one, or made an honest mistake.  But on the other hand Tina herself stated
that once the new fuzzy was in her home she had every intention of keeping
it.

In my opinion Tina is still responsible for paying for her "purchase".
It is frustrating when a breeder or any kind of vendor makes a mistake and
you don't necessarily get what you ordered.  But if you choose to keep the
item, then by all means you should pay for it, not expect a freebie whether
it was a mistake or intentional.

I admire Tina's compassion for not putting the kit through the ordeal of
shipping her back, she obviously cares a great deal about this fuzzy and
intended to keep it all along.  But from a business perspective if you are
unhappy with merchandise you purchased, you return it for a refund -- not
keep it and expect to pay nothing.  The vendor has costs too.

I know neither of these folks, never heard of them.  But from an impartial
point of view, if Tina wants this fuzzy then she should pay for it.  Also,
Nadine made a mistake and should make some kind of good faith effort to
rectify the situation and salvage her reputation, it just makes good
business sense.  Neither should turn this into a public battle.  Maybe
Nadine should make some kind of restitution, but not a full refund.

I have been in similar situations.  I brought home a wonderful little blaze
boy a couple of years ago.  I was concerned about deafness, but was assured
the ferret wasn't deaf.  The ferret was deaf.  I was a little disappointed
but didn't consider this a breach of contract.  I didn't demand any
compensation...I love the little guy and understand that the breeder had
incurred costs of his own to get me the ferret that he thought I wanted.
I considered the fact that someone made a great effort to get me what they
thought was a great choice for me (and it really was) so I couldn't very
well demand my money back.  Noone dumped this ferret on me, I chose it,
took a risk and respect and appreciate the breeders intentions.

I suppose this could depend on price as well.  If you paid a large sum of
money like over $300 and signed a contract specifically stating that you
would receive a boy...that may be a different story.

Anyway, Tina I hope you love you new little girl and give her a wonderful
home and forgive Nadine (and come to appreciate the fact that Nadine sent
you a fuzzy that you fell in love with, who knows...if you had gone and
seen all of her ferrets, you may have chosen this one yourself!).  Nadine,
I hope you consider the impact on your reputation and instead of publicly
battling this out, settle somehow which may incur a loss on your part.  But
be satisfied that your little girl is in a home that she is loved and cared
for, and despite Tina's feelings you did make a good match for the both.

Good luck folks.

[AM]

[Moderator's note: "Gutless" isn't always an acceptable reason for an
anonymous post, but one as reasonable as this is always welcome!  BIG]