From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:34:24 -0800
I have become friends with Sue of the Okeechobee Ferret Rescue in Florida
after reading of Cheyenne and Juliet's surgical costs.  Cheyenne is the
little girl who lost her ear and part of her tail during surgery.  In
addition, her sister also needs surgery.  Sue runs more of a haven than a
shelter.  She has primarily older, special needs ferrets that no one is
knocking down her door to adopt.  These surgical costs have been extremely
high and I offered to help with some auctions.

In addition to the surgical bills, Sue also has a growing legal bill
concerning two ferrets that were 'taken' from her shelter.  Please, this
post in no way invites the discussion of that situation, the reference is
simply to explain why Sue's shelter needs a little help right now!

I have recently started to make ferret playmats, two of which are on
auction to support KiSta in Manahawkin, NJ (the primary recepient of my
fundraising).  Take a look at these two as samples, that will give you
some idea of what the playmats can include.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=554918094

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=555081289

If anyone is interested in helping out with the costs currently being
incurred by the Okeechobee Ferret Rescue, I will make a playmat for you to
your specifications including size (up to 36x40), color/pattern, type of
material, # tunnels, # sleep areas, etc. for $40.00 plus shipping.

I also have posted a new hanging ferret house that can be purchased to
support Sue for $30.00 plus shipping.  You can chose boy, girl or neutral
pattern.  Take a peak at this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=555275402

Additionally, anyone needing polar fleece bedding, please email me for what
you need, great quality at very reasonable costs!  Just mention Sue and
all money will go directly to help defray the costs of surgeries and the
attempts to bring those two fuzzies home.

Thanks!

Jen