From:
tim fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 14:33:51 -0000
HI.  I feel i may have been a bit hasty in knocking the 'american way' of
ferret feeding.  While i still stick to my raw meat advice, i did not
realise most of your animals lived in the house with you!  So a smelly
carcass will not really be practical.  So instead of boiling up 'duck
soup', why not joint the duck, chicken or turkey, and give a piece of this
instead.  As our Welsh corespondant stated, dont worry about bugs in the
meat, carnivores cope very well with them.  PLEASE DONT FEED LIVE MICE.
While i hunt rabbit with my ferrets, the idea of getting a live animal,
and putting it somewhere it cannot escape, to face certain death in an
artificial enviroment, stinks.  Anyway, there isnt a lot of meat on a
mouse.  No, lets be sensible, and feed wholesome foods, that best suit our
envioment.  M website www.fowlersferrets.co.uk will be dealing with this
subjuct soon.