From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:15:46 -0800
Hello!

I just found this list from reccomendation of a friend...
I live in California (hence the anon post if it worked right) and I have
3 furkids, soon to have 4.

All are rescues, the first two from a bad situation and the next two from
shelters.  Eve and Sibyl, when I met them, were in a crappy little cage
in a feed store, being sold.  No one wanted them, since they would bite
savagely anyone who came near, but I had to get them out of there.

From what I was able to learn, they had had 3 different owners, and were
somewhere between 3/4 years old.

Next thing I know, I have two savage, scared ferrets, and no clue how to
care for them (the guy selling them fed them TROUT FOOD.) They were both
nameless, and they got their names bacuse one minute they could be sweet
and loving, and the next minute be hanging off one of my body parts.  They
are sisters, twins almost (I currently am the only one whoc an tell them
apart!) and now, 2 years after that fateful meeting, they are the sweetest
loves that nip (not bite) very rarely.

Since my two girls were older, I had never really experienced what a young
ferret was like, so when we adopted Azrael, I wasnt quite prepared for the
level of energy and sheer mischeviousness she was capable of.  Our bedroom
is ferret-proofed, but she is always pushing the envelope.  Just a few days
ago she figured out how to scale the bookshelf and get to the human treat
jar on the top shelf--the 12 foot high top shelf.

So, shes confined to a bell collar when out until I can figure out how she
is getting up there.  Azrael is 2, a silver mitt, and shes got an adorable
fat pair of bloomers.  Its an endless adventure trying to entertain her so
she wont get into anything.  The twins mostly sleep, and create incredible
stashes under my bed.

The fourth girl I have yet to meet--I had just signed onto this list and
saw a post about a ferret up for adoption...

so, anyway, those are my furkids.  About me, I have a horde of other
critters (mostly scaled).  I am a student, studying to become a Licensed
Veterinary Technician.  I am married, 32, female, weird...

you know the weird hair discussion?  Well usually I have blue hair, but
right now I am sitting here with yellow and pink hair...

cheers,
cobalt