From:
Jennifer Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:04:35 -0800
Forwarded with permission....
   --------------------
Hello to all past and present members of the Oregon Ferret Association!

I wanted to let you know about some exciting events coming up in the near
future!

Next Saturday, March 17th, we will be holding our March general meeting
from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.  The meeting will be at the Cedar Hills Recreation
Center located at 11640 SW Parkway in Beaverton, OR.  Our guest speaker for
this meeting will be Dr. Meg Frey from the Forest Heights Vet.  Clinic.
Dr. Frey will talk and answer questions about ferret oral health.  She will
also demonstrate brushing a ferret's teeth, which should be interesting!
My guy, Dodger, has volunteered to help her with this demonstration.  I'm
sure he can hardly wait!

On Saturday, March 24th, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM, we will be holding a public
education event at the Division Street Petco, located at 14410 SE Division
Street in Portland.

The Oregon Ferret Association is dedicated to public education and
awareness concerning the domestic ferret and these public education events
are one way we are trying to get information about ferrets out to the
general public.  As always, volunteers (both human and ferret) are needed
for these type of events.  If you and your ferret(s) (as long as he/she has
had his/her shots and is not a biter) would like to help the OFA with any
or all of these events please contact the OFA via voice mail at
503-306-2968 or you can e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]

Our April general meeting will be held on Saturday, April 21st, from 1:00
to 3:00 PM at the Cedar Hills Recreation Center (address above).  We will
be talking at this meeting about what happens at the education events,
how to answer questions, how to show people your ferret(s) without taking
a chance someone will get bit, etc.  For those of you that have not
volunteered at an event because you have no idea what to expect, this is
for you!

Another public education event will be held on Saturday, April 28th, at
the Hayden Meadows Petco.  Their address is 1132 N.  Hayden Meadows in
Portland.  This event is currently scheduled for 12:00 to 4:00 PM although
the times may change prior to the event.

Our May general meeting will be held on Saturday, May 19th, from 1:00 to
3:00 PM, again at the Cedar Hills Recreation Center.  We do not have a
speaker lined up for this meeting as yet.  If you have a suggestion for a
topic or speaker that would interest you, please contact the OFA.  Any and
all suggestions are always welcome!

Our big event of the year, The OFA's 15th Annual Ferret Fun Fair, will be
held on Saturday, June 30th, at Oaks Amusement Park in Portland from 10:00
AM until 4:00 PM.  There will be games, prizes, vendors, a vet.  check
booth, an "Ask a Vet" booth, a raffle and lots more fun and excitement!
We are asking anyone with a few hours to spare to volunteer for our Fun
Fair Committee.  This would entail meeting approximately once a month until
the Fun Fair (maybe a little more often as the date grows closer) to help
with planning and details, set up and/or clean up the day of the event and
helping at the actual event.  You will NOT be expected to spend the entire
day of the event helping out so you WILL still have time to spend with
your ferret and enter games, see the vendors, basically just enjoy the fun!
All of us that have worked on this in the past have found it both fun and
rewarding.  I know I go home exhaused but happy every year.

Remember, The Oregon Ferret Association needs YOU to keep it going and
growing and helping ferrets everywhere!

Thank you,
Patti Riggert
President