From:
James Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:40:56 -0500
First let me say warm thanks to all who have send thoughts and prayers to
Blanche we appreciate it.

Well, it's been about 36 hours now and she is still fighting.

I spoke with the doctor a few hours ago, and she is doing better.  Her pvc
count has been holding at 18 since last night, he believes this means the
internal bleeding has stopped and her own body can now start building her
back up.  He heart rate is also starting to come down, she has been over
300 and is now down to 240, so she is coming out of shock.

He believes this is the beginning of recovery, but we are still not our of
the woods.

The night doctor, in ICU, last night, and also the first night, told me
when I went to visit her last night, that she is a miracle girl.  She did
not want to leave she is living her next life here with us.

They gave me permission to bring her sleepy sack that the rest of the gang
have been guarding in to the ICU for her.  I hope it helps her to remember
she has a lot to live for.

The accident occured when a gate we had made of plywood, to close off an
eight foot archway between rooms fell on her.  Well, let me tell you, that
gate is long gone.  We all take for granted that our sweet kids would never
do anything that would put them at risk.  Always tell them you love them,
you never know when they will need that love the most.

Again, thank you everyone for your support.  I will try to keep the list
updated on her progress.

Jim and Scooter

Stanley, Mitch, Stella, Tennessee and Princess (who all miss her soooo
much)