From:
Erika Vinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:41:38 -0800
I'm working on my 2nd yr of membership now.  I was very glad when I found
this list - out here where I live, I didn't think there were too many
ferret people.  I am very fortunate to live very close to Louisville, and
thereby Kym Zorn-Long, whom I met recently and am very proud to call her
"friend".

I found it extremely difficult to talk about my kids to anyone, simply
because they just weren't ferret people.  You have to admit we are a
different ( I prefer "unique") kind.  I like to think that since our
babies seem to be on a higher plane, we to must be.

Right after I joined, I lost my first baby to adrenal.  2 weeks later, my
boy was diagnosed with insulinoma.  I was devistated.  In this list I found
a wealth of information, and loving support.  I lost Tazz just this past
Oct, 2 days later, I lost his 2 lifelong companions.  I can just barely
speak of it.  My heart is still in shreds.

From this though, I have started my own permanent shelter/rescue dedicated
to the memories of my 1st ones.  The 7 I now care for are all rescues and
adoptions.  They are my world.  Without this list, what I have learned from
it and it's resources, and the treasured friends and contacts it has given
me, I would not feel capable of operating this home.  The medical
information alone is priceless.

Please, Let's get back to that "higher plane" again.  For the sake of our
babies - their lives are way too short for us to take time away from them
to fight amongst ourselves.

The FuzzButt Hut - Lucky, Zoe, Jazz, Bastian, Bullett, MiLady Mina, and
Quixote.

Always loving and deeply missing Thelma and Louise, Chippers, Tazz, and
Ilsa - Flights of angels sing thee to thy sleep - Momma love