From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:00:14 -0500
I have seen yet another post saying that a ferret will not be given chemo
because of the side-effects.  Please don't pass on this type of information
unless you know it to be factual.  In fact, ferrets handle chemo quite
well and are not prone to the side-effects that other animals and humans
experience.  If you decide not to give chemo for your own reasons, that's
fine.  Just don't dismiss it because you think there may be side-effects.
Your vet should be able to talk to you about this.

I don't want people automatically dismissing this possibility simply
because they have read on the FML that it's a bad thing.  My Lily went
through several months of chemo for lymphoma and, other than the occasional
fatigue from certain drugs, she experienced no side-effects at all.

Dr. Williams, if you disagree, please tell us your experience.

Katharine