From:
George Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:12:03 -0500
Fellow fur hostages
I have one free roam 3yr.  old jill named Slim.  Slim has an almost perfect
personality and about 50% of the time will come when called.

In the winter Slim has free roam of almost the entire house and in the
summer I keep her in a Florida room to give her access to a slightly
different environment as well as as much fresh air as possible.

My question is this: I know Slim would just love to explore on the
outside-in the yard-but I've never been able to keep any type of collar or
harness on her.  As soon as the leash pulls on the collar/harness she will
slam on the breaks and twist turn and roll until the harness is completely
off.  A regular Houdini.

Has anyone out there been able to train their fuzzie{s} to free roam in the
yard-AND RETURN-without running off.  If so how did you do it?  Also could
anyone provide tips on how to harness a wriggly fuzzie so they can't pull
out of the harness.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I'd really like to let Slim explore
the outside as she is a single fert and I'd really like to keep her from
getting so bored with the same routine.

Thanks in advance.

GJM

PS. $20 to the shelter of your choice to anyone who can provide the
solution to this problem.

---
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.