From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:57:31 -0500
>From:    Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: recognized color chart? and re to "breeds..."
>I think the Demi-giga's line is definately a breed...

Demi Gigas was just a large sable bred by Doug McKay of Marengo Ohio.  His
descendants include ferrets of all colors and sizes.  We have had silvers,
cinnamons and sables both near solid and points that were his direct
descendants.

No way "Demi Gigas" comes anywhere close to a breed.

>Can the AFA, and other groups not get together on this and make a chart or
>at least the start of a chart?

Unlikely to happen.  The AFA refuses to consider other opinions valid.
But then so do all other ferret organizations - live or dead.

With the genetics of color so ill understood by too many there isn't
much point.

Colors not based on genetics are not too useful.  You get into the problem
in the horse world where a palomino has to be the offspring of two
palominos but that is not the only way to get that identical genetic color.

>From:    Dori Burnell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Coloidal Silver
>Oh, and there are supposdly no side affects even from high concentrations.

You mean other than the permanent as in irreversible turning of the skin,
conjunctiva and several internal organs an ashen blue gray?  It's called
argyria.

Silver solutions are considered hazardous materials for waste disposal
purposes.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets