From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:04:00 -0800
Hi folks!

Some of you may remember a couple weeks ago, not sure how long, a
third-party type request to help find a home for a ferret in Nebraska.
The young man whom the ferret is with right now has become too busy with
his job to give the little guy enough attention.  So busy, in fact, that
it wasn't even him who posted, it was his friend, who then forwarded him
all the replies.  I guess she got some complaints about timely responses,
though she wasn't responsible.  Well, anyway...

His name is Nietchze, Neat for short.  He is a two year old Marshall Farms
albino boy.  In his two years he has had at least three homes, that I know
of, two of those in the last seven months.  It is time for the poor little
guy to have some stability.  I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet,
due to the tight schedule of Neat's person, but I will be adding him to my
household, along with his cage, leash and toys, as soon as can be arranged,
around foul weather and icey roads.

My co-workers think I am nuts, I haven't even told my mother yet, for fear
she will call me crazy ferret-lady, and the look my alpha ferret gave me
when I told her was unreadable at best.  But Neat will be #5.  Robin, ie
#4, was only added around Thanksgiving.  I guess this is ferret-math.

So, for those of you who wondered about the little guy and whether or not
a home was ever found for him, one has.  (And a good one if I do say so
myself.)

I received a number of requests for my ferret tattoo designs after I
mentioned them.  So, within the next few weeks, while I am digitizing
photos, etc to update the fur-kids' website, (have to add Robin and Neat,)
I will include a page of tattoo art.  I will post the link when finished,
for those of you interested.  (Or you could email me, and I will hang on
to email address, and also email everyone who requests it individually.)

That is all for now.  I will let you all know how little Nietchze gets on
with my bunch.  I am so excited to meet him!

Melissa Barnes
Mira: "You WHAT??  Well, don't expect me to jump for joy..."
Cael: "Three white ferrets, three white ferrets, see how they bounce.."
Tasha: "Oooh, another boy for me to chase!"
Robin: "Wow!  I get another friend to play with?  I'm the luckiest
ferret there is!!"