From:
Candice Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:58:40 EST

Dr Williams said:
>A golfball sized mass until proven otherwise in the right upper quadrant
>is probably adrenal in origin, and the size strongly suggests malignancy.
>As she is currently doing pretty well, otherwise, I would probably suggest
>an exploratory within a few days max.  The sooner we get it out and looked
>at the better.  The likelihood of malignancy, regardless of the origin is
>high, and it is always preferable to take malignancies out sooner rather
>than later."

Thankyou Dr Williams.  The path report on aspirated fluid says "prior
hemorrhage, normal liver tissue...possible hemangioma or hemangiosarcoma
or hepatoma".  Hct is 31.0, ALT is 695, AST is 173.  She does not appear
to be in pain, still eating.  Weight is down 7 oz from 5 months ago.  She
is scheduled for exploratory lap on Friday.

Your response was much appreciated.
cb