From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:09:53 -0800
I posted a few weeks ago about a ferret in Lansdowne, PA, southwest of
Philadelphia, who needs a home.  He's a sable about 2 years old and already
on his second owner (both young boys who have gotten bored or busy).  No
one responded, and the neighbor woman who called me to tell me about the
ferret called again to say she's getting worried.

She's a former ferret owner who rescues dogs, and she said when she first
called that the family was "a bit rough" and had large dogs.  Now she says
that recently she has seen several people with pit bulls visiting the
house.  She is becoming worried that someone will offer to take the ferret
but then only use him as "bait" because she's beginning to suspect her
neighbors of being involved in dog fighting.  She knows one of their close
friends has begun breeding pit bulls.

Both she and I are trying to contact the boy, and I will take the ferret to
a shelter if no one offers to adopt him.  I will certainly not allow him to
stay in this home.  I trust the judgement and experience of the woman who
called me.  I currently have 9 ferrets and am knee deep in preparations to
sell our house and move to a smaller one.  My husband would hang me if I
brought the ferret home, I think.

The ferret comes with a cage and when I originally talked to him the boy
said he's very nice but his mother wants the ferret to go.

Blessings
Judith
610-446-8036