From:
Tig Serpa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:49:23 EST
Is my ferret dominating me or has she made me part of her pack ?

In the last two months.. our newest fuzzy has started getting into the bed
at night and grooming us.  She gets in and gives a face washing of the
upper lip, both nostrils, eyes..  then moves on to ears ..shoving her nose
all the way in..snuffling.  Then it's on to our heads..  doing what I call
" flea biting" burrowing then repeating in several spots on our heads...
After she has completed her mission..  she gets down off the bed and goes
to sleep in hers.

It happens just about every night..  and I have to admit I have been
letting her..  and keeping still when I wake up in the process of her
ritual..  I have been thinking it's adoable and that she's grooming us
cause she loves and cares about us..  but in the last few days..  I have
been wondering if maybe it's dominant behavior.  As I have read that
dominant ferrets will hold down others and groom them whether they want
to be groomed or not.

Opinions ??

 T.