From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:41:59 -0500
Want to hear some good news?

Jumper's TN Panel came back all within normal levels.  He looks adrenal
(with feet having very sparse fur and fur thinning elsewhere), but if
adrenal then it is so very early that it doesn't show up in the blood
tests which would mesh well with this much fur loss.

It might be caused by something else.  He may just be a Rogaine type of
guy.  We had a female like that years ago.  Her fur loss looked even more
adrenal -- complete with lower body loss -- but when she had her necropsy
and pathology after passing away from treated heart disease it turned out
that she had no adrenal problems at all -- nada, zip, zilch, and no left
in reproductive tissue, either.  It's possible that Jumper is another
individual like that if we are lucky.

So now we can heave a sigh of relief since we always worry more about the
males with adrenal disease due to prostate complications.  We always watch
anyway so if things accelerate he'll have whatever he needs.

Seven is recovering from surgery wonderfully now that further repairs were
made.  Her left adrenal came out on Friday and she is hard to keep still
enough -- way too active and eating like a pig.  She still tries to fuss
with the incision and it has some scabby places as a result but the current
combination of stitches and glue is holding up to even her ministrations,
and a note is being made in her chart that she is someone who opens her
own incisions.