From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:45:21 EST
Though lovers be lost,
Love shall not,
And death shall have no dominion.
  --Dylan Thomas

Dear Sandee,

Please welcome my dearest Harry who crossed over today, Ground Hog Day.
Please find Harry's close buddies Ralphie, Prince Charming and Cinderella,
his cousins Chi Chi, Rocky and Squeekers, Sophie, Nellie, and his true
love Esperanza.  Harry and Esperanza didn't get a chance to meet in this
lifetime, but they wrote many emails to each other and I imagine they
are soul mates.  Please also tell Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy, Norman and Simon that
Harry is there.

And if it isn't too much trouble, could someone go to Dog Heaven and tell
Max and Sheena, and also to Cat Heaven and let Thomas, Ben, Newbury and all
my other cats know that Harry is there.  I hope they all have a big party,
and tell them their mom still misses them, but they already know that.

Harry leaves behind his good buddies Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia and Epcot,
all of whom helped keep him warm after he lost most of his fur; and also
Lily the dog, assorted cats, and some ferret siblings he never really met.

Harry was one of the sweetest and most loving ferrets who ever lived.  He
was found wandering the streets of Haverhill in 1995 before ferrets were
legal in Massachusetts.  He came very close to being killed just because
he was a ferret.  Fortunately he was rescued by Sharon Burbine, who was
also instrumental in getting ferrets legalized.  Harry was my last ferret
who was adopted before Ferret Freedom Day in Mass.

In his younger days, Harry was a real escape artist, hence Harry (for
Houdini).  Harry used to love snow; once when I was getting ready to go
home for Christmas, I found him sitting in my driveway.  I had no idea he
had even gotten out of the house.

Harry was a champion backwards runner and absolutely loved bananas, which
gave him his nickname Harrybanana.  Harry also had quite a stash of tools
and other hardware which he moved from one kitchen drawer to another.  He
was an active FLO member and attended the FML ferret wedding.

Harry was great with other ferrets and people, and was part of several
educational events.  He has been on my Christmas card and is on my
Valentine's card this year.

The other night I saw a shooting star, just like him--a short time on
earth, but bringing a lot of joy while he was here.  Last night I played
him my Loreena McKennott tapes, and I also had a couple of dreams about
him.  In one dream there was a bright blue parakeet; perhaps that was the
angel who came for him today.

Goodbye sweet Harry, enjoy your new life now that you are free of your
tired and sick body.  Play in the snow and steal dog toys to your heart's
content, and be sure to visit us ...

Ronnie and friends