From:
Scott Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:22:31 EST
Question for Dr. Williams: Brando is our 3 year old sable (fixed) and
has undergone surgery once for a polycystic kidney condition.  It was
"drained/reduced" and life went back to normal...he resumed gaining weight
and all was well for about a year.  As in Poltergeist..."it's baaacccckkk"
and the same symptoms appear to be expressing...loss of weight although he
is actively eating and playing.  He's a little sluggish in the am and wakes
up soooo slow...and tires easily as well.  He was seen today for annual
shots and checkup and our vet did concur with me that he is losing a bit of
muscle now...as to that, we will put him back on a high fat/protein diet
ala duck soup and try to get his weight back up before if and when he has
to be operated on again.

He's such a sweet little guy...well, you know the rest.  We would like to
ask you about general prognosis, treatment, resources etc.  Of course he
was operated on once and it appears to be necessary again...are there
other options without employing the invasive technique every year or so.
The cyst is about the same size as before and is on the left side.

putorius and the tribe thanks you!!!  Huh guys and girls...Abba, Bounder,
Beeper, Bopper, Blizzard, BonBon, Buttons (OK it's Cindy), Bodie, Clyde
(don't ask) and Casio.  Memories of Bubba, our first.