From:
ferretfanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:52:22 -0500
ferret wrote:
>I'm sure eucalyptus oil makes a pretty good deterrent on ferrets .. but
>it's still something I'd be REALLY hesitant to use on mine, because it
>is so toxic....

Hi Ela,
It's not like I'm feeding my ferrets eucalyptus oil, I have no doubt of
it's toxicity, I am just placing a few drops on the back of Taylor's neck
as a Kaos deterrent.  I have tried everything else, but that isn't the
point.  Kaos isn't ingesting it, he isn't getting close enough to Taylor
to do so, the odor drives him away.  Avantage and Frontline are also
poisonous, and put in areas where the ferret can't reach and ingest them.
I have been using a drop or two of eucalyptus oil occasionally as a flea
deterrent.  Any signs of any of my animals trying to eat the stuff and
that will be halted.  Thanks for your valid concern though.

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
Woody, Miss Tizzy, Ginger Snap, General Kaos & Taylor!