From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:00:31 -0600
The little guy I posted about last week... the one with the strange, gross
anus problem... is not doing very well.  His only name upon intake was they
called him "the boy"... I named him Baron as he deserves a dignified name.

Last night he started bleeding from the anal opening and it hasn't stopped.
It's not flowing, constant or a lot of blood... almost like a woman having
a period type... small amounts, a lot stays in the anal opening and then
he is spotting all over his cage and blankets.

He seems mostly okay, still alert, seems more uncomfortable than he was but
not in pain.  No fever or other signs of infection.  The anal area is more
tender to the touch than it was.  He is also off and on slightly lethargic.

The vet here still feels it is not possible to attempt to stitch anything
or repair... we are still not even sure what has caused this damage.  There
seems to be little we can do for him.

We have him taking warm bath soaks of a water solution to help ease the
discomfort, antibiotics to prevent a secondary infection, some good duck
soup with lot's of supplements including Pet Tinic to help support the
blood loss.  The vet has also recommended using the Colloidal Silver...
a few drops actually ON his bottom.

He isn't in pain, just a little uncomfortable and weak right now, so we
are going to continue the fight as best we can... but the vet has already
brought up that if we can't stop the bleeding, or if he gets worse or if he
starts having pain... we'll have to consider the inevitable.  Other than
supportive care, I am feeling pretty helpless here... if anyone has any
brilliant ideas or suggestions... please pass them our way... Whatever your
beliefs, I ask you to take a moment to say a prayer, send a thought, light
a candle or whatever it is that you do... both for his comfort and health
as well as for my ability to watch over him and make the right decisions.

I hate this.