From:
DookDook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:45:47 -0600
It thoroughly saddens me.  But even more infuriates me, the neglect of the
receiving store to track the shipment.  I would be interested in finding
out who the shipper was and why there was no follow-up at that end.

From my point of view, it all the more reinforces the fact that when
shipping or flying any animal both the shipper, transporter, and receiver
need to be held responsible and accountable.  Both the shipper and receiver
needed to have taken actions when the arrival date was not met.

Several years ago, I flew a ferret to Savannah, GA.  The receiver was
notified and did follow-up.  The carrier was taken off the plane at
Atlanta, GA and held.  The ground crew at Savannah lied to the receiver.

Please, if you fly any animal, be sure to track and do any follow-up.  I
called my local airline office to find out about space to put the carrier
on the plane.  There was.  I pursued the matter up the corporate ladder.
Please don't stop short of the corporate office responsible for training
of personnel.

Several hours later, my little one did arrive safely at Savannah, but not
without 2 Moms very concerned.