From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 21:45:59 -0500
Dear Kate:

>I'm new to this digest.  I was wondering if someone could tell me what
>ECE is and why so many ferrets have diarreha?  Also what is duck soup and
>what do you use it for?  Any receipe?  I have a 6 month funny little clown
>named Spaz.  I also never knew that they needed hairball remedy.  Very
>interesting digest!  Can I ask questions of Bruce Williams DVM?  If yes,
>how, through this digest?  Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the FML - you'll find it a very helpful group.

Yes, I am available to consult on cases, and I prefer to do it on the FML
(but I do a lot privately as well) because everyone gets a chance to learn.

One thing thatwoiuld be very helpful, both from your perspective and my
own, is that you check the archives for information on your medical
questions prior to posting to the list.  The instructions to searching
the archives is posted at the beginning of each digest.

While I ceratinly do not want to dampen your ardor for medical knowledge,
many basic questions, including ECE and duck soup, have been covered in
depth - I have written extensively on ECE over the last 5 years, and
chances are, whatever your questions are, they have been covered.

The time I take to answer general questions on a repetitive basis may take
away from time I have to answer unique new questions and help people in
need.  While I am more than happy to answer questions, my time these days
is at a premium and we want to make sure the most pressing questions are
anwered first.

At any rate, welcome to the FML - I know that you'll enjoy your time here.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, dVM