From:
Richard G Ardern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:54:03 +1200
Well we finally got a license in Christchurch (South Island) from the
Department of Conservation, Government departments are awkward as we have
had some subtle shifts in the law here.

But the good news is, We got rung last night and the person said he had
three WILD ferrets he wanted to give us, The kind only to be handled with
gloves.  1 male ,2 females, colours to be advised after a bath.  As the
only responsible breeders / Shelter in chch we couldn't say no so saturday
morning We are collecting a challenge.  Ferrets may not be released after
capture unless DOC approved so a taming I will go as they will be staying
with me.  I already have three of my own and 1 semi rescue.

Any way I thought it might cheer up some of you to know that there are
three less fuzzies struggling in the wild, as they now have a reasonably
good home.

Richard with Taz, Savage, Pogo, and three to arrive.
Meghan with Stryder, Menolly, and Felicity.
Gill with heaps (13)