From:
Manuel Gonzales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:41:06 -0600
I volunteer at Especially Ferrets as one of the sick room moms.  I can tell
you that our ferrets get out every day especially in the spring and summer
when they are let out in Ferret Land.  They are out a good 2 to 3 hrs
playing, playing and then again playing.  We have at least 2 of us staying
with the ferrets out in Ferret Land to stop any fights and watching to see
that the older ones don't get to tired.  One of us watches and the other
one cleans the cages, then we switch around and the other watches with the
other cleaning.  When we are done with cages we both have fun with all the
little guys out side.  In the winter we let them run from room to room (2
rooms plus hallway) except in the sick room.  In my room (sick room) I
let my guys out as long as they want if they get along.  I have to make
individual time for those who don't get along with others.  The ones that
are critical get a lot of in my arms love time and passive exercise where
we move their legs for them.  Ferrets must have time to be ferrets or else
they will become depressed and stop eating because they stop enjoying life.

Luv You All and the People To,
Jan (sick room mom at Especially Ferrets)