From:
Erin Kydd {{FREAK}} <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:45:34 -0500
I was watching the travel channel and they were talking about what else but
traveling with your pets... He said if you can't be apart from your pets
try to smuggle them aboard but one thing to remember is not to put your
pet Ferret down your pants.  I thought that was cute it made me laugh.

About the 60 minutes segment Alot of people are not educated on ferrets
all that well, For example.....

I work in a nursing home and every once in a while this lady would come in
with a bunch of animals like cats, a big pig, a goat, a few puppies and
little bunnie rabbits.  The last time she came I ran ito her and mentioned
that a ferret or two would be a great pet to bring in because they are a
trip to watch and we have a few very hard core ferret lovers in the
building that I bring my two babes in to visit them in the warmer months.
Ohhh no she said they bite and there isn't andy vaccines out that work on
them.  I corrected her and told her about everything that is out there for
ferrets and they are just as safe if not safer than your pet kitty cat.
She just shrugged me off and left with all her animals.  I just say ohh
well because I bring mine in for everyone to see and they all love them.
One patient calls me wiggly-noses mother while asking me to tell me what
trouble they got into that day and another always asks me about my babies.

Until they actually have segments on promoting the truth on ferrets the
people who don't know the real truth with always have their comments and
poor veiws on our fur-kids.  I turned my mother in laws veiws around on
ferrets she thought they were rodents that chewed up everything and
wouldn't even be in the same room with them.  Now she has graduated to
holding them for brief moments.

Erin & family