Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:19:36 -0700
I have a silly problem that maybe someone can help me with.  We have 7
ferrets.  5 in a large cage and 2 in a smaller one.  The problem is with
the 2 in the smaller cage.  Scooby has deceided that the litter pan is his
exclusive playpen.  He rolls in it, digs in it, sleeps in it, etc.  When
his cagemate, Bailey, tries to use the litter pan for it's intended
purpose, Scooby chases her out.  They are both now pooping in the corners
of the cage.  (all of them).  I am at a loss as to what to do.  We use
Mountain Meadow litter which is similar to wood pellets.  These two are
"used" ferrets which were given to me seperately last summer.  I haven't
had any real problem until now.  In fact, I would have expcted any problem
to come from Bailey.  Until we got her, she had never used a litter pan;
just pooped through the wire bottom of her cage.  We corrected that right
away and she's been real good at using the litter pan until Scooby deceided
it is his personal property.  Any ideas?

Bobbi

Bobbi and the Merry Masters of Mayhem
Racal, Dickens, Calamity Jane, Angelica, Booker,Bailey, and Scooby

Ferrets are the chocolate chips in the cookie of life.  Or are they the
nuts??