From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 16:51:20 -0500
Have two comments to make.  First, some pet stores and WalMart sell a
ferret food labeled Fiesta.  It comes in a see thru plastic bag.  Not
having such a bag in front of me, can't get more data out at the moment,
but will if anyone asks.  Here is the point on that one.  Here in Richmond
Va., know of several vets that have had ferrets with terminal blockage due
to indigestible material in that feed.  It has semi dried and dehydrated
plant parts.  Carrot slices are one of the ingredients in that mix that
have caused major life threatening blockages in ferrets as reported here.
I do suggest you do not buy this item for your ferrets.  Not good.

THe second, is I bought a very large bag of 8 in 1 ferret food.  None of
my 4 ferrets like it.  They pull it out of the feeder seeking other food.
Is a waste of money.  I would suggest before introducing a new food that
a sample be given to the raisin biters so you can judge acceptance.  I have
wasted about $35 on a food they will not eat.  Have a vacuum cleaner bag
full of the 8 in 1 kibble they throw out side of the cage!  Ha!  They
****REALLY**** don't want it!  Maybe I can use it for traction under my
truck wheels in the snow.......

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud