Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:03:16 -0500
What I've gotten from the FML?

When i came to the fml i was ferret-ignorant.  Had this stupid little book
with nice illustrations and misinformation.  My partner had had a ferret
20 yrs earlier and not done anything right, and that ferret only lasted a
couple of years.  He loved her, but didn't have the information he'd have
needed to keep her alive.  There was just no way to find out then.  Now
there is.

I've gotten laughs and tears, interesting trivia and occasional
irritations, LOTS of tips and advice and printouts of medical information,
a bit of philosophy - o, and a sense of community ...

Well, that's all very nice, but also, I've got my ferrets' lives.  At
least one of them would not have lived through their recent bout of ECE
without it.  Bruce Williams held my hand, and so did lots of list
members, responding with advice, information and support to my MANY
questions.

It's a real resource.  it's a shame when it is abused.

---shen